Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How can I be consistently successful on Goals? - Part 2 Continuation

The second important factor in achievement on our goals is action. This may seem obvious, but our goals require continuous discipline to be successful. I have always said focus and consistency are the roots of success on our goals. Are we taking enough action? We must give ourselves credit for the action we have taken and challenge ourselves to live at the standard necessary to completing the goals. As an example, if we have been working out for the past 3 months and missed our targets on our goal we must ask ourselves some well structured questions. Did I show up to the plan I declared? Was I consistent? Who would I have to become to consistently show up to this map? If the plan is flawed, we must be willing to make changes and test them. We most importantly must give ourselves credit for what we have completed and the efforts we have placed towards our goals. Beating ourselves up will never motivate us to continue towards the goals. Often the feeling of failure and beating ourselves up are the flaws I find with people.

Please stay tuned for the last Pillar to Goal Success coming later next week! Please be sure to visit my site http://www.steveabecker.com/ for more coaching strategies!

No comments:

Post a Comment